7 in Minnesota Wing Honored
Seven members of the Minnesota Wing were recognized with the Air & Space Forces Association's Outstanding Performer Award for their career accomplishments and exemplary volunteer service during the Gen. E. W. Rawlings Chapter's awards dinner and banquet in St. Paul.
- 1st Lt. Chris Damsgard, North Hennepin Composite Squadron
- 1st Lt. Leah Staup, St. Cloud Composite Squadron
- Cadet Lt. Col. Giselle Johnson, Anoka County Composite Squadron
- Cadet Chief Master Sgt. Massimo Luciano, Hutchison Composite Squadron
- Cadet Senior Master Sgt. Benjamin Greshowak, St. Cloud Composite Squadron
- Cadet Senior Master Sgt. Owen Hobbs, Fort Snelling Cadet Squadron
- Cadet Senior Airman Emmet Wolf, Viking Composite Squadron
Presenting the awards was the banquet’s keynote speaker, retired U.S. Air Force Col. Stuart Pettis, Air & Space Forces Association director of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) programs.
“Annually, the Gen. E.W. Rawlings Chapter recognizes Minnesota’s outstanding airmen and guardians, cadets, and teacher of the year. This year, five cadets and two senior members of Civil Air Patrol were recognized for their dedication and service,” said Col. Thomas Theis, North Central Region vice commander and Rawlings Chapter vice president.
“I am very proud to be a member of both organizations that help educate, advocate, and support our current and future leaders,” Theis said.
Lt. Col. David A. Miller
Director of Public Affairs
North Central Region