Conn. Cadets Meet VP Pence
Col. Jim Ridley
Vice President Mike Pence stopped today to shake hands and take photos with cadets from the Connecticut Wing’s Thames River Composite Squadron.
Pence met the cadets and two senior members at Groton-New London Airport after flying in to speak in New London at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy’s 137th Commencement Ceremony. The Thames River squadron is based in Groton.
On hand to meet the vice president were:
- Maj. Scott Farley, squadron commander;
- 2nd Lt. Jennifer Lee Thornell, the squadron’s assistant deputy commander for cadets;
- Cadet Cols. Daniel Hollingsworth and Keith P. Trotochaud;
- Cadet Chief Master Sgt. Daniel Ramsay;
- Cadet Senior Master Sgt. Christopher Munzner;
- Cadet Tech. Sgts. Owen Guilliams, Rhys J. Thornell and Cameron M. Wischman;
- Cadet Senior Airman Daniel Martin;
- Cadet Airman 1st Class Elizabeth Burton; and
- Cadet Airmen Spencer Haynes, Benjamin A. Kelley, Silas Simons and Luis Trinidad.
Farley was notified Tuesday evening of the opportunity to meet with Pence.