'Outstanding Cadet' Honors Go to 7 in Utah Wing
Six Utah Wing cadets have been honored as Outstanding Cadet of the Year by the Daughters of the American Revolution, and a seventh received the same recognition from the Air & Space Forces Association.
The DAR honors went to:
- Cadet Lt. Col. Sheik Guarin, Thunderbird Cadet Squadron
- Cadet Chief Master Sgt. Dalton Steed, Phoenix Cadet Squadron
- Cadet Senior Master Sgt. Reed Jensen, Castle Valley Cadet Squadron
- Cadet Master Sgt. Madelyn Park, Cache Valley Composite Squadron
- Cadet Airman First Class Miranda Mastain, Weber Minuteman Composite Squadron
- Cadet Airman First Class Jared Dalebout, Phantom Composite Squadron
The Silver DAR Outstanding Cadet Medal is awarded to a cadet of outstanding ability and achievement in a cadet program other than ROTC or Junior ROTC funded by a school or private organization or a cadet in a police, fire, or emergency medical services department volunteer training program.
Recipients are recommended to the local DAR chapter by the unit commander.
Meanwwhile, the AFA recognized:
- Cadet 2nd Lt. Micah Rigby, Cedar Mustang Cadet Squadron
The AFA’s education division presents the Civil Air Patrol Outstanding Squadron Cadet of the Year Award.
Their squadron commanders select the cadets honored based on outstanding achievements that have contributed to the squadrons’ success. The cadets exemplify outstanding leadership in CAP and academic excellence in school.
1st Lt. Casey Smith
Public Affairs Officer